Last time I gave you an update, there were the “many” faces of the children sculptures for the sailboat. Before that I showed you “work-in-progress” photos of the propeller for the boat. And today, I have an update on the propeller!
After spray painting the propeller and coating it with spray poly, it was finally ready to be attached to the sailboat. I had been waiting for the moment to cut off the stake that was part of the “original” whirly-gig piece and then top off the sailboat with the one and only item to make it fly. (Oh, yes! You also need your imagination to help it fly too!)
As I worked on the propeller, I added some wires to help attach and secure it to the sailboat. I duct taped the wires to the top of the sail and used Apoxie Sculpt to permanently attach it to the boat.
Since it was a “big” moment to finally have the propeller on the sailboat, I did the best “Vanna White” pose that I could muster for the occasion. Stay tuned for more updates about my sailboat!
Please click on the thumbnail images to see related “Anchors Away” articles!