I can sense that people are getting restless waiting to see pics of my finished sailboat. Here’s my final “work-in-progress” post before revealing the sailboat all put together. I promise you that this a fun post, so please enjoy while you wait.
The photos above show how I painted and attached the sun and moon to my sailboat. In the middle photo I showed how I sandwiched scrap pieces of styrofoam in between to fill in the space. Before adding the foam, I used Apoxie Sculpt to adhere the sun and the moon to the boat. After adding the foam, I covered it entirely with Apoxie Sculpt. One of my favorite pieces to sculpt and paint was the man in the moon.
Here’s how my moon and stars look when they glow-in-the-dark. You can faintly see the stacked up kids (a.k.a. “the star explorers”) in the first photo while they are searching for stars.
Speaking of the stacked up kids, here they are standing next to me. They measure about 3 feet tall, so they are over half my height.
Here are a few work-in-progress pics of the star explorers. They were challenging to paint since they were all connected together and were 3 feet tall. I used a chunk of styrofoam as a “standing” base to help me paint them when they were standing upright.
This is me painting the letters on the night side of the boat. It was a tough angle to paint at, which made it longer to finish painting the lettering on the boat. The other two photos show how I painted the telescope on the piece. It worked out pretty well to have the stacked up kids inserted to the the boat while I painted the telescope.
The photos above show a “before” and an “after” of the star catching boy and the stars for his net. He’s ready to catch even more stars with the star explorers help.
Whooo-hoooo the next post will reveal my completed sailboat. Don’t miss it!
Catch up on the Sailboat Saga series by clicking on the images below.