Here it is, the first chapter in the “work-in-progress” sailboat saga!
I found a “propeller” for my sailboat that I was going to paint with spray paint and then I was going to attach it to the boat “as is.” After some thought, I decided it would work out best if I actually covered the store bought propeller with Apoxie Sculpt. Doing this will make the propeller sturdier and help it tie-in with the rest of the look of the sculpture. Before adding Apoxie to the propeller piece, I cut out cardboard shapes to tape to each section to give the propeller blades more stiffness and strength.
I’m nearing the finish line in completing the propeller. First, I have a few spots to touch-up with Apoxie Sculpt. After that I need to sand it, prime it and spray paint it. The next big step is the moment I’ve been anxiously waiting for and that is attaching the propeller to the sailboat. Once the propeller is attached to the boat, I can begin to paint the sailboat itself.
Please stay tuned for additional “work-in-progress” updates.
Click on the thumbnail images below to see other Anchors Away articles.