Sailboat “Work in Progress” Saga – The Propeller

Here it is, the first chapter in the “work-in-progress” sailboat saga!

I found a “propeller” for my sailboat that I was going to paint with spray paint and then I was going to attach it to the boat “as is.” After some thought, I decided it would work out best if I actually covered the store bought propeller with Apoxie Sculpt. Doing this will make the propeller sturdier and help it tie-in with the rest of the look of the sculpture. Before adding Apoxie to the propeller piece, I cut out cardboard shapes to tape to each section to give the propeller blades more stiffness and strength.

I’m nearing the finish line in completing the propeller. First, I have a few spots to touch-up with Apoxie Sculpt. After that I need to sand it, prime it and spray paint it. The next big step is the moment I’ve been anxiously waiting for and that is attaching the propeller to the sailboat. Once the propeller is attached to the boat, I can begin to paint the sailboat itself.

Please stay tuned for additional “work-in-progress” updates.

Click on the thumbnail images below to see other Anchors Away articles.


Sailboat "Before"

Sculpted face and sketch for boy sculpture

Children Sculptures

Sailboat Propeller

Propeller Update

About christine

A watercolor and sculpture artist and avid crafter/designer. Working creatively with my hands is what gives me joy and contentment and makes me want to get up in the morning.
This entry was posted in Anchors Away Sailboat and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Sailboat “Work in Progress” Saga – The Propeller

  1. Caroline says:

    Can’t wait to see more!!

Leave a Reply to Caroline Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *